Note: This page contains information for individuals and families wishing to have a personal retreat at Sierra Friends Center; if you are looking to book a group rental at our facility, click here
A Personal Retreat at Sierra Friends Center is a wonderful way for individuals, families, or small groups to enjoy quiet time on our 230-acre campus and to venture out into the nearby towns of Grass Valley and Nevada City, as well as the South Yuba River State Park.
Personal retreats might include time for writing, meditation, study, reading, walks on our trails, or simply time away from the normal routine. Sojourners (those using our facilities for a personal retreat) are free and self-reliant to create their own retreat and remain apart from any activities of other groups using Sierra Friends Center. Meals are not included.
Sojourners can rent our cabins or rooms in our Stone House, which includes access to a shared kitchen in the Stone House. Those staying in our cabins use shared bathhouses; those staying in the Stone House use the facilities in that building. Check out our campus map and our trail map!
We ask that sojourners refrain from amplified noise indoors and use quiet voices outdoors after 10 p.m. and respect the privacy of staff and other Sierra Friends Center guests. We ask guests not to bring/use strongly scented toiletries because the odor permeates fabrics and are difficult to remove. Similarly, and due to fire danger, we do not allow smoking, incense, or candles inside any building. Smoking is very restricted at Sierra Friends Center and is not permitted in any of the buildings or on any of the trails. We ask guests to smoke only in the lower parking lot south of the Meetinghouse. The use of alcohol and illegal drugs is not permitted.
Pets are not permitted. Trained service dogs are permitted for guests with diagnosed disabilities.
To determine availability and make a reservation, contact the Operations Manager at 530-273-3183 ext. 28 or send an email to
. A deposit of at least half of the total fee will confirm your reservation. Check in time is generally 4 p.m. and check out time is generally 1 p.m.. We may be able to accommodate requests for earlier arrivals or later departures – just ask. Personal retreats are only reserved up to two months in advance.
- Stone House: $450.00/night (sleeps up to 18 people)
- A-frame Cabins: $55.00/night - Includes Bathhouse (12 cabins total; each cabin sleeps up to 2 people)
- West Side Cabins: $85.00/night - Includes Bathhouse (8 cabins total; each cabin sleeps up to 6 people)
- Camping: $25.00/car/night- Includes Bathhouse
- Your reservation may be canceled if your first deposit is not received by the due date.
- The deposit is non-refundable if cancellation occurs within 21 days of the start date of your retreat.
- We ask that you leave Sierra Friends Center in as good or better condition than which it was offered to you. Cleaning supplies are available for your use.
- Meal service and food are not available.